Thursday, July 07, 2005

Lemony Snickets a Series of Unfortunate Events

Lemony Snickets a Series of Unfortunate Events- PG- A very well deserved A!!
I recommend this movie for kids and adults of ANY age.

This movie is about three children- Violet, Klaus, and Sunny Baudelaire who become the Baudelaire orphans. They were at Briny Beach when Mr. Poe (the person in charge of their affairs) came and told them that their parents had died in a mysterious fire that destroyed their whole entire home (more like a mansion). They are then sent to live with a relative Count Olaf(Jim Carey). He makes them do chores and every little thing that pops into his head. He plans to find a way to kill the kids and steal the enormous fortune that their parents left for the kids. They end up getting shifted around to a new guardian, but the children find out that Count Olaf is actually there with them! Still! This will happen more than once. It's up to the kids to find a way through tough times, and they somehow always do!

I thought that the movie was very well done. However there are some big changes. But since I am a very very very VERY BIG fan of the Series of Unfortunate Events books I could see how they had to tie in other parts of the story in other places because otherwise the movie wouldn't end! (I wouldn't mind that actually!!) I am now looking forward to the other movies. I give Jim Carey an "A" for playing the part of Count Olaf. He was exactly how I pictured him. Also Sunny was exactly how I thought she would act! Perfect! A film for the whole family!!!!!!
A definite buy!
Kidz Kritic

7 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I personally found it a little dark. I have read the first 3 books, and they were very good. I think the heaviness works better in the books, than it does on the screen. My 11 year old daughter loved it, though and has read all of the books up to #11.

1:22 AM

 
Blogger Courtney & Co. said...

I really enjoyed the books (I read all 11), but I was a little disappointed with the movie. I realize they didn't tell the whole story in the movie, but I was left feeling confused and turned off by the end of the movie. I did love the kids that played Voilet, Klaus and Sunny ( the baby was very cute). I also liked Jim Carrey as Count Olaf, but he got on my nerves after awhile.
Which book in the series has been your favorite? I think I liked The Austere Academy best so far.
Keep up the good work with your Blog, I enjoy reading your movie reviews!
Hugs~

8:26 AM

 
Blogger Little Clay said...

Chris-
Yeah I understand that they are a little dark. But I find that it just makes the movie a little more fun for the kids to watch perhaps?! And It ends up happy in the end! But i do agree with you that they are a little dark. And almost all of the kids that i have talked to really liked it! I tink it just depends on who you are. I have also read the books. So mabey if you read the books you know what to expect. Thank you for coming to my site!
Kidx Kritic

9:52 AM

 
Blogger Little Clay said...

Hey, Courtney!!! I am soo happy that you came to my blog! I also really really REALLY enjoyed the books and am anxiously awaiting the 12th book. (I heard they are making 13 because it is an unlucky number!) I was also disappointed on how they decided to end the movie. Though I could see how they wanted it to end happy. But I think they could have (more like should have) stayed more faithful to the books. And they needed to add more on to the second part. (the second book part) I like all of the books but i would have to say that I Like The Reptile Room, The Wide Window, and The Austere Academy. Although I really liked them all a lot. My least favorite is The Hostile Hospital.
Loves to your family!
Kidz Kritic

10:04 AM

 
Blogger Randy said...

Im a BIG fan of yours! You're awesome!!!

6:08 PM

 
Blogger Jason said...

Excellent blog Ms. Kritic! Some great reviews; and for someone who takes youth group kids to movies every now and then, it's cool to get your take on these flicks. I'm looking forward to your review of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory when it comes out!

Oh yeah, Howdy Doody!

12:12 AM

 
Blogger Little Clay said...

Ohhhh yes yes yes! I can't wait for Charlie and The Chocolate Factory to come out!!!!! And as always I will give a review!
Kidz Kritic

P.S. Howdy Doody to all!!!

7:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home